I wear my first Bellatrix Blazer all the time. It's such an easy jacket to wear, over a dress or with pants ... and in all reality an easy make. This one I made in one weekend. For this particular jacket my favourite part is ... the lining.
|Just look at those pretty faces!|
The lining is just a simple acetate that I purchased from Back Street Bargins on Trade Me. It just went together perfectly with the wool blend suiting fabric I used for the shell of the blazer. I've got no idea where I purchased the wool blend suiting fabric from - it's been in my stash for a while, before I started keeping track of the fabric stash! I think it was always destined to be made into a jacket, and it's the perfect office warrior attire.
I made this version exactly the same as my first, but this time I followed the instructions and used fusible interfacing for the entire centre front panel and then overlaid that with another piece of fusible interfacing for the lapel/collar. I also placed some fusible interfacing on the side front panels and the upper back, for added structure. I purchased some tailors fusible interfacing from Spotlight - it was just the perfect weight for the fabric. I also inserted a small shoulder pad, same as last time, to add that subtle structure to the upper jacket. Very happy!
|It was just a tad windy on photo day!|
I made this jacket from the exact same pattern (with alterations) as my first, but this one feels bigger; it feels like it's got more ease, although in the photos you can't really tell. I think its the wool suiting fabric that has more 'give' than the synthetic used for my first jacket. It is really light weight to wear and warm!
The "office warrior" is on regular rotation in my wardrobe :-)
More photos on my Flickr-->