Saturday, 6 October 2012

Matching Flower Girl dresses

I just couldn't resist getting these out from the wardrobe!  These are the two flower girls dresses I made for my wedding, one for my eldest daughter (who was just 1) and her cousin. 

These were made from the same fabric as my wedding dress - I even lined the skirt of the dresses.  The disappointing thing is that I don't have any official photos of the girls in their dresses, but they did look so cute!

 The ribbon around the waist was attached by hand and I only attached the top of the ribbon so the gathering in the skirt appears to drop from the ribbon.   I used clear plastic domes for the back of the dress with rose buds sewn on the outside - this was much easier (and I think looked better) than fluffing around with button holes.
Sometimes I still can't believe that I did all this!  There are some things that weren't perfect in my eyes, but I was the only one that knew.  But every now and then I get them out of the closet and admire my handy work and still love the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment