Usually I would sew a size 8 Sewaholic, but I decided to go with the finished measurement of the garment rather than the body measurement and have sewn up a size 6, although I could have gotten away with sewing up a size 4 - maybe next time :-)
I'm really liking the effect of reversing the fabric on the side panels and peplum. Hopefully the next photo will show clearly the difference. It's really hard to tell whether it's a deep deep dark blue or black, so I have gone with dark blue and added a blue lining and zip. I think it looks great with jeans.
I would definitely make another Cordova. The back pleat is a great feature and will make the jacket comfy to wear. Next time I would think about adding another half inch to the lining to allow for a little bit more ease vertically.
I would also add another inch to the length of the sleeve. Although it looks okay it only has a half inch hem and I would prefer at least a one inch hem. My sleeve lining isn't attached to the sleeve fabric because it isn't long enough. I am debating whether I add 1.5 inches to the sleeve lining and then attach it to the sleeve fabric. I might wear it a couple of times before I decide.
Gee these photos make my bottom half look smaller than the top, but I think that is the idea of the jacket. I am most definitely bigger on the bottom than the top according to the measure tape!
|Gee, should really have done my hair before taking photos!|
|Oops you can see that I've been sitting down!|
Final thoughts: would definitely make again with a few adjustments; I'm still undecided on the double peplum; the construction techniques make it a dream to sew; Love Sewaholic :-)
Yay for completing my first project for Indie Pattern Month .... next!