Saturday 14 September 2013

Hello Chloe

Chloe7345

Chloe is a semi-fitted, mid length A-line dress that hints towards a 60's mod style - a pattern by Canadian company Victory Patterns.  I purchased the pattern from Dresses and Me together with the Lola pattern - you can read about my Lola here.

I really like the capped sleeve and contrast effect of version 2 and I chose a wool with a very fine red pinstripe which runs vertically.

Chloe7349

I know this is really boring but I selected to contrast with a solid black cotton.  It goes really nicely with my red circle top.  Or on this day it was my black circle top and red boots.

Chloe7328

I chose to make a size 8, knowing that on my muslin I would have to downsize the bust and increase the hip area.  Here is exactly what I did to the pattern, after taking the dress off and on about eight times!

Chloe7351

Side back piece: widen the hips by 3/8" at the side seam; take out 5/8" from the side seam at the armpit; to keep the side seam perpendicular to the floor I had to take 5/8" out of the bottom of the skirt at the side seam.

Centre back piece: widen the hip 1/4".
Chloe7332

Side front piece:  bring in by 5/8" under the arm on side seam; widen hips 3/8" on side seam; adjust the curve of the princess seam around the bust by straightening the curve above the bust by 1/8" and creating more of a curve underneath the bust by 1/4".

Chloe7344

I absolutely love this dress and have worn it every week since I made it, which was about 3 weeks ago but a full on work schedule and then the nasty flu bugs all got in the way of taking some photos.  I have since made a second Chloe - photos of that one yet to come.

More photos on my Flickr -->

23 comments:

  1. Ooooooh! I love this dress! I am so tempted to get this pattern. I sewed up Lola a couple weeks ago and it's the best! Hmmmm... this pattern should be on my short list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lola is a great pattern it is on my 'must make again' list. Chloe is just as good.

      Delete
  2. I really like this dress. I love the contrast on the pockets and the sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this frock on you - I've been tempted to buy it a few times...humm...so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to make quite a few changes for my shapeless body type, but it is sooo comfy.

      Delete
  4. I really like this dress and have just the fabric! You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a really pretty dress, and I love the fact that you chose a contrast color that is not drawing too much attention. It gives a lot of room to play with shoes, bags and accessories. I can imagine this being a go-to dress, it's suitable for almost anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy - I've worn it every week since I've made it just because it is so versatile. Love it.

      Delete
  6. I love everything on this dress. I agree with everyone, this dress is just pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, that's pretty! The black cotton for contrast looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this dress and the black contrast is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I do feel as if I live in this dress at the mo.

      Delete
  9. This is so gorgeous! Loving the contrast. :-) I've been eyeing up this pattern for a while - seeing your pretty version may be enough to tip me over into buying it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it, do it, do it! It is an easy pattern to adjust and fit. I've made a second one, just got to get some photos.

      Delete
  10. REALLY nice, Sandra. But I kind of wish there were less pattern designers! I didn't know about Victory and now I will have to go and have a looky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I know right there are so many that I want to make and that list grows by the day!

      Delete
  11. I absolutely agree with everyone - this is a great dress. Perfect for winter and those cool spring days too. Great contrast fabrics. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - this is one that will definitely transition from one season to the next (with my circle tops!)

      Delete